Oracle automated invoice processing solution enables you to scan suppliers invoices and it will do the OCR for you to create invoices in Oracle Cloud Payables. This imaging solution supports and processes documents that have Western character set, the Cyrillic character set, and Greek. Image formats are supported: .TIF; .TIFF; .PNG; .JPG; .DOC; .DOCX; .PDF. another important for scanners is to set up the scanners to produce TIFF images with International Telegraph and Telephone Consultative Committee (CCIT) Group IV compression at 300 dpi.
Image source: Standard document
In summary invoice imaging solution for Oracle Cloud provides scanned image import, character recognition and automatic invoice creation in application. Flow of Oracle Automated Invoice Processing:
1. email with Image attachments is sent to pre-approved email address
2. Oracle Document Capture – scans and imports pages into batches.
3. Oracle Forms Recognition – recognize, categorize and extract data to interface tables (Interface tables include ap_invoices_interface, ap_invoice_lines_interface)
4. At this point you can see the image documents in WebCenter Image Process Management
5. Invoice Import is run populating the ap_invoices_all, ap_invoice_lines_all, etc. tables. Invoices show up on the Scanned Invoice Queue.
Products as per Oracle Fusion Cloud Service:
- Fusion Automated Invoice Processing Cloud Service
- Fusion WebCenter Forms Recognition Cloud Service
What is the Flow of Invoice Imaging on the Cloud? (Doc ID 2222861.1) flow and architecture diagram is available on this note
Oracle Integrated Invoice Imaging Guide for Cloud (Doc ID 1966280.1)
Standard document – Implementing Payables Invoice to Pay